By Robert Penkala, director of Macomb’s Career Services
Even with our campuses temporarily closed, Career Services continues to be laser-focused on our students’ professional development, our campus community and the economic development needs of Macomb County.
Career Services has transitioned our services to on-line delivery and are working hard to deliver a high level of support even while working from home.
- MacombCareerLink provides an opportunity to post updated job search documents such as your resume, cover letter or references sheet and have those reviewed by our staff; as well as look at up-to-date listings of open positions that employers are looking to fill with Macomb students and alumni
- Our CANVAS page has 20+ resource pages with helpful information on topics from study skills to interview success, and our YouTube channel features new videos as well
- Student Success Seminars have transitioned online and are continuing to be offered for our students and alumni – upcoming topics include Memory Skills, Research, Presentations, Stress Management and many more
- Our Resume Guide and Interview Guide are both available online
- Our Community Resource Guide offers suggestions for off-campus support
And, just for recent high school graduates, a free College Prep Week will be held online Aug. 3-7, providing first-time college students with strategies for succeeding in their Macomb classes this fall.
An online Job Club is also being introduced to replace on-campus visits by company recruiters, look for dates on the college calendar during the fall semester.
All of us in Career Services hope that everyone is staying safe out there. But don’t let these challenging times challenge your plans for the future. You can do it, and Career Services can help!