Discover Macomb is Saturday, Feb. 17 at South Campus, a chance to explore the campus, hear from faculty and staff, and get questions answered. We asked our helpful recruiters – Mary, Teri and Sarah – to share their advice for making it as useful an experience as possible.
- Figure out your questions now! – Don’t wait until the day of the event to think about what you want to know. Write your questions down now and bring them with you. “Future you” will thank “past you” for looking clever.
- Take notes – You’ll probably have a few “aha” moments while you’re listening to various campus leaders speak, but those insights won’t do you much good if you don’t remember them later. Bring a pen and paper to preserve them for when you need them!
- Put on your walking shoes – With tours covering some of our most popular programs, be sure to wear comfortable shoes and dress warm to get a look at your potential future.
- Bring a friend to cover more ground – You can go to the session on Media & Communication Arts and send your friend (or a parent) to the session on Financial Aid.
- Any time is a great time – Even if you just started high school, Discover Macomb has something to offer you. You’ll learn about the foundation of preparing for college and how to earn college credit while still in high school.
- Know your Social Security Number – You can submit your application right at Discover Macomb; just have your SSN with you. Multi-task like a champion!