By Jerry Baird, Academic Advisor
Have you ever gone to a store or restaurant and learned that you were also getting a bonus perk or reward? Doesn’t that feel awesome? You can have that feeling at Macomb too. That’s one of our specialties in Counseling & Academic Advising, connecting students to resources (or “perks”)!
Here are five exceptional Macomb student resources:
- Study Groups/Tutoring: Join a study group (cost = free!). Can’t make it during the week? No problem…many study groups meet on the weekend! The Reading & Writing Studios can help you with writing assignments as well.
- Cultural Competency Certificate: Increase your awareness of other cultures and add a valuable credential to your resume. Check out the variety of interesting presentations through the Macomb Multicultural International Initiatives.
- Internships: Combine your classroom education with hands-on work experience. Career Services can help you explore internships that are available locally to as far away as Disney World.
- Study Abroad: Take an opportunity to gain cultural experience by participating in Study Abroad. Previous trips include travel to Spain, Mexico, Kenya and other countries.
- Volunteering: MCC’s Student Life provides a variety of volunteering options. Alternative Spring Break, Habitat for Humanity and MLK Volunteering Day are just a few of these rewarding events.
Want to see a comprehensive list of more perks and all things Macomb? Be sure to explore the A-Z Directory on My Macomb. It’s a site that you’ll find essential during your student experience at Macomb!