By Ellen Lux, Director, Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship
A common question we get from first-time visitors to the Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship (CIE) is, “How do I start my business?” In response, the CIE, in collaboration with key business faculty, developed a 100% online, Entrepreneurship certificate program. In a series of six courses, we cover five essential smart business startup steps. Students walk away with a roadmap to launch their business. CIE advisors are available for additional coaching and mentoring upon completion of the program.
Benefits of this certificate program include:
- 100% online to accommodate any schedule
- Can be completed in less than three months
- Interactive and fun! Features engaging assessments, trivia, discussions, videos and expert feedback
- Students work on developing their business plan, not abstract “bookwork”
- Taught by subject matter experts and business owners with first-hand experience who understand the challenges and benefits of business ownership
- Students earn a certificate and college credit. Completing all six courses earns three elective business credits
Have you been thinking about starting a business, but don’t know how to get started? Find out more about this exciting new educational program!